Types of cosmetic surgeries
There are different types of Austin Plastic Surgery depending on which part of the body it is being performed on.
Also referred to as lipoplasty, liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that gets rid of excess fat deposits in certain areas of the body and improves the body’s contours thus producing the desired body shape. Liposuction is mostly used when certain parts of the body refuse to lose their fatty deposits. Examples include the abdomen, thighs, chest and cheeks.
2. Nose surgery
It can also be called a nose job or rhinoplasty. As you can guess, the purpose of a nose surgery is to improve both the shape and function of the organ. You can find a good surgeon by visiting http://beautydoctortx.com. In some people, the purpose is simply to achieve a better looking nose while in others, nose surgery is crucial in restoring proper breathing function.
3. Tummy tuck
If your tummy sags even after trying your best to lose belly fat, you need a tummy tuck. In this procedure, excess skin and fat deposits are gotten rid of and weak muscles are restored.
4. Breast augmentation or augmentation mammaplasty
The purpose of this procedure is to make the breasts appear fuller and of a more uniform symmetry. This procedure is usually sought after drastic weight loss or pregnancy when breasts reduce in volume.
5. Mommy makeover
Bearing a baby can have certain effects on the body. Breastfeeding for one drastically reduces the volume of the breasts. The sudden enlarging and contraction of the belly can create lose skin which is unsightly. A mommy makeover is designed to return the bodies of women back to what they were before pregnancy. Procedures that may be involved in a mommy makeover include a breast augmentation surgery, genitoplasty where the labia are modified and tummy tuck also called abdominoplasty.
Other common types of cosmetic surgeries include facelift surgery, chin surgery, phalloplasty or penile surgery, buttock augmentation, buttock lift and skin rejuvenation procedures.
Click image for more information.
Pros and Cons of plastic surgery
• More confidence. For some people, plastic surgery improves how they perceive themselves and their body image. Their confidence and self esteem increases. This can further help them improve their social skills.
• Improved health. Even a procedure done for cosmetic reasons can have positive health effects. For instance a woman with excessively large breasts will experience relief from chest and back pains after a breast reduction surgery. Nose surgery on the other hand can lower the occurrences of sinus infections.
• Improved appearance. Plastic surgery is quite effective in mitigating the effects of aging and producing a younger attractive look on a person.
• Risk of complications. It is not unusual to hear stories of people who experienced serious complications as a result of a cosmetic surgery gone badly. Plastic surgery is still surgery and various complications should be expected.
• Pain. Just like any other surgery, persons who have undergone plastic surgery will experience a certain level of pain. At times, the pain may last for several months.
• Unmet expectations. Unrealistic goals usually end up in disappointment. In some cases, this can turn into some pretty severe depression. These are the people who undergo numerous plastic surgeries to meet their unrealistic expectations.
• Cost. Since it is surgery, plastic surgery can be very expensive and the worst thing s that it is not usually covered by health insurers. This means that you have to foot the whole beal by yourself.